Friday, June 29, 2007

I destroyed the lower bathroom

All of this destruction was my handiwork. First the sinks and cabinets came out. Then I chipped away and removed ALL of the tile around the sinks and shower. Then removed drywall. We are removing a portion of the wall that separates the toilet area from the shower area to allow more light in and make it more of a single room.

We will be keeping the sink plumbing here and installing a vanity sink.


Here is the vanity sink that I've chosen. It's from JC Penny online, and is the only vanity sink that I've found that I like and that is in our price range. I didn't want to spend $2K on a sink!


This is the dividing wall that is getting removed. The electrical will move over, and the plumbing for the other sink is capped off and will be walled up. The door will also get hinged to the other side. And the lightbulb bar will be removed and replaced with downturned lights.


This is where the tub and tile was. The black pipes are the drains from the upstairs guest bathroom.


The plumbing for the shower. The tub was removed and is going to be replaced with a fiberglass shower and tub combo. I'm going to purchase a Sterling Acclaim shower & tub, which is a 4 piece unit. I found it online at FaucetsDirect.com, which is one of the few places I could find where you could get a shower/tub and toilet and everything else for a bathroom shipped to you without going through a dealer like Lowes.


This is the Sterling Acclaim shower that will be installed. Ours will be in Ice Grey (not white), and we're ordering a Kohler Cimarron toilet also in Ice Grey. I also need to pick out a shower door for it.