Friday, June 29, 2007

New entry lights for the front door

We removed the large, brass lights that were by the front door. One had a yellow bulb in it, and the other had a blown out bulb and a rather large bird's nest above it. Zac removed the old lights and discovered some wiring issues. He fixed those and installed the new lights. We also have matching side lights that go around the outside along the lower and upper decks.



We have picked out a new front door, but it won't be installed until the new furniture and everything is moved in. The current door has already been gouged up from moving. The new door will be similar to the one below, except without the decorative square arch around the oval and without the top portion of glass. It will also be in a different color. But the glass design is the only one that I've found that I like. It kind of reminds me of Celtic knotwork. Everything else I've seen reminds me of a grandparent's home.